A foreign national may try to seek a change of status to be allowed to stay in the United States, but has been denied this change. If this situation happens, you can apply for a waver of inadmissibility as this will allow you to petition to be admitted into this country. People who are non immigrants and are seen as inadmissible, or who are ineligible to be considered immigrants, may also file this waiver.