You may temporarily seek work as a minister or as some other vocational religious worker in the United States. You can be granted a religious visa (R1) if you plan to work for a non-profit religious organization for more than 20 hours a week and can prove that you have been affiliated with or are a member of this religious denomination for at least 2 years prior to applying for a visa.