For children under the age of 16 who resided in the United States since June 15, 2007, they may be granted a deferred action on childhood arrivals. This program allows for undocumented foreign children who have stayed in the United States for 5 years or more to apply for employment authorization. To qualify, you must have sought an education or had joined the military and been honorably discharged.