Work visas are the most common types of visas allowing foreign citizens to enter the United States due to their particular employment. Your employer must apply for the H1B work visa on your behalf. You will have to meet education requirements, such as having a Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent, as well as work in a specialty occupation.